Comprehensive Garage Door Services for Colorado Springs Homes and Businesses
Mastering Garage Door Spring Repair in Colorado Springs: Best Practices
Homeowners often face unexpected events, which tend to occur at the most inconvenient times. One such frustrating situation is having your car stuck in the garage, especially if you recently had a garage door repair. MVC Overhead Doors comes to the rescue by following the industry's best practices, providing top-tier advice to homeowners every time we work in a garage. These practices result in time and money savings, and we always prioritize our customers' satisfaction.
Recommended Procedure #1 - Swap Out Both Springs
Most garage doors are equipped with two springs that were installed together. When one spring breaks, it's probable that the other spring is nearing the end of its life as well. To avoid future issues, unsafe garage door use, and damage to your garage door opener, MVC Overhead Doors generally suggests replacing both springs. Just as you would change both car tires if one were to burst, it's essential to maintain high-value equipment such as garage doors and vehicles by replacing both garage door springs.
Recommended Procedure #2 - Choosing Suitable Springs
The wide variety of garage door weights and sizes calls for the use of suitable springs to achieve the right balance. If a technician uses an improper spring, it can cause damage to the garage door system and make the opener work harder than necessary. This can lead to premature opener malfunction and more repair requests. Attempting a DIY spring replacement is also hazardous for the same reason. Our Colorado Springs, CO technicians are committed to installing the correct springs for the door's weight and conducting a balance test to ensure their work.
Recommended Procedure #3 - Conducting a Safety Inspection
MVC Overhead Doors includes a complimentary safety inspection with every spring repair to ensure that all hardware and moving parts on your door are functioning correctly and adhere to safety regulations. Since the hardware was likely installed along with the springs, there could be worn mechanical parts on your door that pose a safety risk. A faulty spring may indicate a more extensive issue with your door. As a MVC Overhead Doors best practice, we provide a free safety inspection and maintain a secure environment for our customers.
Given that we carry a wide variety of springs to cater to the diverse types of garage doors, we recommend having a professionally trained technician take accurate measurements before providing an exact price quote. Reach out to MVC Overhead Doors today to have an expert technician give you an estimate for garage door spring repair!
Which Garage Door Opener is the Most Reliable for Your Needs?
Jackshaft openers are mounted on the wall next to your garage door, connecting to the torsion spring above the door. This type of opener is suitable for those in Colorado Springs with high garage ceilings or anyone looking to free up ceiling space. Though slightly more expensive than ceiling-mounted openers, they provide a unique and space-saving solution.
Belt Driven Openers
Belt-powered openers are considered the top choice in the garage door industry. They are as reliable as chain-powered openers and nearly silent. These openers run on a steel-reinforced belt and typically cost slightly more than chain and rod-powered openers. If your garage is connected to your home and close to bedrooms, you'll appreciate the quiet operation of a belt-powered opener installed by MVC Overhead Doors. Many customers love their belt-powered openers and can't imagine returning to a noisier chain-powered model.
Chain Driven Openers
One of the most commonly used and reliable types of openers is the chain drive. This opener operates the garage door on its track using a metal chain. Chain drives are generally more affordable than belt drives, making them popular in Colorado Springs. However, chain drive openers can be noisy, making them less suitable for garages located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home. We usually do not recommend these types of openers because the minor cost savings are not worth it. LiftMasterÂ® does not offer a lifetime warranty for the chain, unlike the belt on belt drives, and the motor is considerably noisier.
Screw Driven Openers
Screw-operated openers employ a lifting mechanism that runs on a threaded steel rod, unlike chain or rubber belt openers. They are best suited for locations with consistent weather and temperature throughout the year. For residents of Colorado Springs with varying weather conditions, a screw-operated opener may not be the most suitable option. These openers are the slowest, noisiest, and least expensive of the three types. If you prefer a quieter, faster opener, a screw-operated opener may not be the right choice for you.
10 Reasons Why MVC Overhead Doors Should Be Your Go-To Choice
- Solid Experience: Our strong background, characterized by a successful track record and numerous happy clients, guarantees that our industry-leading experts will handle your garage door needs with the highest efficiency.
- Array of Products and Services: MVC Overhead Doors supplies a diverse range of products and services that accommodate your specific demands. We can handle everything from tailor-made doors to repair and installation services, so regardless of the door or product you need, we have the appropriate solution.
- Knowledgeable Staff: Our team members possess both expertise and professionalism. They value outstanding customer service and work towards making your experience with them positive. They're ready to answer any questions you have about doors and gates and provide tips on maintaining your overhead door.
- Unrivaled Materials: By using only the finest materials, we guarantee your garage door will be long-lasting and visually stunning. With our company in Colorado Springs, you can rest assured that you're investing in a high-quality and valuable product.
- Safety: Our company is committed to making certain that your garage door is installed properly and safely. This guarantees that the installation and maintenance of your overhead door follow the highest protocols, offering a safe and protected atmosphere for your family.
- Cost Effective Solutions: MVC Overhead Doors has a variety of competitive pricing approaches to address your garage door concerns. Seek a solution that works within your budget, covering installation, repairs, and custom design services.
- Prompt Service: When it comes to fixing or setting up a garage door, time is of the essence. A credible Colorado Springs organization will make certain that your needs are fulfilled without delay and with expertise.
- Quality Assurance: We offer quality assurance for our services and products, guaranteeing that any doors and gates repairs or installations are completed to the highest standards. This ensures the protection of your investment, giving you peace of mind.
- Warranty: With our warranty coverage, we deliver an additional safeguard for your investment, taking care of any malfunctions or accidental damage to your doors and gates. This coverage helps ease the stress and financial burden that can come with a damaged door.
- Our Commitment to You: MVC Overhead Doors is committed to providing excellent customer service and support for our doors and gates. We understand the importance of your satisfaction and work tirelessly to ensure that you're delighted with our products and services.
Garage Door Repair Problems We Encounter on a Regular Basis
Broken Springs: Garage door springs can break relatively easily due to the tension they're under. If your garage door is having issues, inspect the condition of the springs.
Worn-out Rollers: The rollers that aid in opening and closing your garage door can become worn out over time. This can lead to a noisy or stuck door.
Damaged Panels: Over time, the panels on your garage door may become damaged due to weather or normal wear and tear. They can also be hit by a vehicle or heavy object.
Misaligned Tracks: If your garage door is stuck, misaligned tracks may be the culprit. Check the tracks to ensure they're in the proper position.
Faulty Opener: When your garage door opener is not working correctly, it can be a frustrating problem. Seeking professional assistance for repair is the best solution.
Safety Sensor: Garage doors often face an issue with their safety sensors. Any object or playful children may accidentally hit the sensor and cause it to shift out of alignment, thereby hindering proper door closure. Therefore, it's important to remain mindful of the sensor and its alignment.
The Most Frequent Door Repair Issues You Should KnowRotting: Improper treatment or sealing of wooden doors can result in rotting over time. This can lead to weakened doors that may collapse eventually.
Rusting: The presence of moisture or humidity can lead to rust, which is a common issue. If you live in a humid location, it's crucial to keep an eye on your overhead door and check for signs of rusting.
Hinges: Overhead doors may be difficult to open or close if the hinges are damaged or misaligned. However, this is usually a straightforward repair that can be fixed by a professional.
Installation: Incorrect installation can be problematic, especially with gates that may become unstable and pose a risk. It is vital to address these issues as quickly as possible.
Sagging: The weight of a wooden gate can cause it to sag, which is a prevalent issue. To prevent this problem, you need to use heavy-duty hardware and ensure that the posts are adequately secured.
Warping: Overhead doors may warp due to extreme weather conditions. Exposure to hot or cold temperatures can cause the door to become misshapen.
Frames: Damaged or bent garage door frames can cause instability in the entire structure, creating a serious safety risk. It's crucial to repair or replace these frames without delay.
Rollers: If the rollers of your gate become damaged or worn out, it can impact its smooth functioning. You may have trouble opening and closing the gate. However, replacing the rollers is usually a straightforward repair that can solve the problem.
Pests: Wooden gates can be vulnerable to pests, such as termites and carpenter bees. It is important to conduct routine inspections for any signs of intrusion.
Fading: Weather conditions and sun exposure can cause your gate's color to fade over time. To keep it looking new, you may have to repaint it every few years.
Top Reasons to Upgrade Your Colorado Springs Garage Door
Although replacing your garage doors may seem like an obvious choice from a sales perspective, there are other compelling reasons for Colorado Springs residents to consider. Here are just a few:
Place Safety and Security First
The majority of home burglaries in Colorado Springs occur through overhead doors. Do you feel secure with your current garage door's ability to deter intruders? If your door is outdated, it may lack modern safety features such as automatic reversal.
Reduce Home Energy Use
As the largest moving object on your home, the garage door's daily opening and closing makes it the least energy-efficient space. Replacing old garage doors with insulated ones can significantly lower energy costs for Colorado Springs, CO homeowners.
Raise Your Home's Attractiveness
Take a step back and observe the amount of real estate your garage doors consume on your home's front. Upgrading them in Colorado Springs can have a big impact on your home's curb appeal at an affordable price.
Silence Garage Door Noise
Those who live in homes with garages may experience noisy disruptions during opening and closing operations, especially if their room is adjacent to or above the garage. At MVC Overhead Doors, we offer a solution with our ultra-quiet nylon hinges, which provide a smooth and noiseless garage door opening and closing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions from Our Colorado Springs, CO Customers
Would it be best to hire a professional for my new garage door installation?
At MVC Overhead Doors, we stress the importance of relying on professionals for garage door installation, rather than attempting a DIY approach. The largest moving object in your home, a garage door necessitates technical knowledge for installation due to the abundance of small components. The act of connecting springs is especially dangerous, and correct installation is key to your door's performance. Professional garage door dealer/installers can typically complete an installation in just a few hours, while ensuring compliance with safety regulations. Conversely, installations by homeowners usually last several days and result in considerable frustration. Furthermore, incorrect installation might void some warranties, so we advise utilizing a professional's expertise. They can also dispose of your old door if you're having a new one installed.
Is it a good idea to opt for an insulated door for a garage that has no insulation?
Insulated doors for large garage door openings can prevent the transfer of heat or cold air, which is important because:
- Temperature regulation in the room above the garage is achieved with the help of insulated doors when the garage is below another room.
- Insulated doors prevent air in the garage from traveling through the doorway to your living area.
- Comfort is a top priority if you use your garage as a workshop.
- Compared to non-insulated doors, insulated doors have a more appealing interior and produce less noise.
Which garage door material is superior - steel or wood?
Opting for a steel door can reduce the amount of maintenance required in comparison to a wooden door. MVC Overhead Doors's steel doors feature a pre-painted, baked-on coating. Cleaning the exterior once a year with warm water and household detergent is recommended. Our wood doors come unfinished and require priming and painting or staining on all six sides upon delivery. We recommend visually inspecting the finish once a year to determine if another application is necessary.
Can my one-piece garage door be upgraded to a sectional garage door?
Installing a sectional door is possible by adding the required track and springs, which your garage door dealer/installer can do for you. Depending on the garage's construction, some adjustments may be required. We suggest that you have your Colorado Springs, CO dealer evaluate the job before installation so that any necessary modifications can be made.
Can I paint my new garage door to match my house's color scheme?
MVC Overhead Doors's steel doors have a baked-on coating that can be repainted with many types of commercially available exterior latex paints. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations and avoid using oil-based paints.